This webinar outlines the strategic context on the supply of road operator data for connected and automated vehicles use in Australia, and the recommended next steps to navigate through this evolving field.
The webinar was presented on 13 November 2018 by Chris Jones, Andrew Somers and John Wall.
This webinar provides an overview of an Austroads study into Traffic Sign Recognition Systems in Australia and New Zealand.
It covers the findings from real world automated vehicle trials and insights into the recommended actions for road operators, manufacturers and industry bodies.
The webinar was presented on 23 October 2018, by Chris Jones, Mark Rowland and Yasmin Roper.
This webinar presents challenges around the introduction of automated heavy vehicles to remote and regional areas and the opportunities for future their use in Australia and New Zealand.
It covers the views of international experts on:
• cellular connectivity and digital infrastructure requirements
• geofencing and managing access
• physical infrastructure impact and requirements
• platooning operations and technology advancement.
The webinar was presented on 25 September 2018, by Anthony Germanchev, Dr Ronny Kutadinata and Dr Steve Shladover.
This webinar provides an overview of progress and key lessons learnt from three major Connected and Automated Vehicles (CAV) trials in Australia.
• ARRB/ConnectEast/VicRoads development of road certification criteria for partially automated vehicles on motorways through testing of a range of vehicles equipped with traffic sign recognition, lane keeping assistance, and adaptive cruise control.
• Queensland’s Connected and Automated Vehicle Initiative’s C-ITS Pilot which is testing eight C-ITS use-cases on 500 vehicles on arterial and motorway roads in Ipswich.
• NSW Centre for Road Safety Cooperative Intelligent Transport Initiative’s (CITI) project which is the first large scale evaluation of C-ITS applications in heavy vehicles.
The webinar was presented on 3 July 2018 by Chris Jones, Niko Limans, Samantha Taylor, Dr Miranda Blogg and John Wall.
This webinar provides an overview of the findings of an Austroads research report into the safety benefits of Cooperative ITS and Automated Driving in Australia and New Zealand. The webinar was presented by Chris Jones and Dr David Logan on 23 October 2017.
This webinar provides an overview of the challenges posed by the operation of automated vehicles on public roads. The webinar was presented by Stuart Ballingall and Scott Benjamin on 16 June 2017.