This webinar, presented by Adrian Bridge on 31 July 2020, provides an overview of a new procurement tool and its application to a road infrastructure project, the Toowoomba Second Range Crossing in Queensland.
The tool has been designed to significantly advance value for money in the delivery of infrastructure projects.
This webinar, faciliated by Tyrone Toole, Phil Hunt and Ranita Sen on 17 June 2020, focuses on the life-cycle costing framework and a suite of practical examples to demonstrate how to assess the best use of available marginal and non‑standard materials in sealed roads in different geographical and climactic conditions in Australia.
This webinar, presented on 15 April 2020, provides an overview of the key components which influence fit-for-purpose material selection for low to medium volume regional and rural roads.
- material performance and risk assessment
- risk reduction techniques
- materials option assessment
- life cycle cost assessment process.
It considers material properties, traffic, climate, material modification and stabilisation, and life-cycle-cost implications. Case studies provide real-life, practical examples.
It was presented by Mick Savage, Zia Rice and Tyrone Toole.
This webinar provides an overview of the life cycle management of local sealed and unsealed roads. It highlights the Austroads Guides and the AUS-SPEC national local government specification system which assist local government practitioners to design, construct and maintain sealed and unsealed roads.
The webinar was presented on 17 February 2020 by Mick Savage and Nandini Mehta.
This webinar outlines how local road managers can use the data standard and engage with collaboration activities, to provide access to new asset management and maintenance insights with minimal impact on workload.
- the Austroads Data Standard’s design, and definitions, and the multiple ways it can be used
- how harmonised data sets are being used to promote benefits at local and national levels
- how this supports national transport and infrastructure reform actions
- how the collaboration process works, and the insights gained from local government currently participating
- how harmonised data sets provide new asset management insights.
The webinar was presented on 29 November 2019 by Angus Draheim, Georgia O’Cianain, Ashish Shah and Muhammad Khatree.
This webinar provides an overview of the 2018 edition of the Austroads Guide to Asset Management.
- road infrastructure scene in which the Guide operates
- definition of asset management in a road agency context
- reference to the ISO standards that the Guide is founded on
- core concepts of the Guide
- integrated asset management framework approach.
The webinar was presented on 4 July 2019 by Dr Tim Martin.
This webinar provides an update on Austroads’ project to develop the data to support the Heavy Vehicle Road Reforms.
- the background of the heavy vehicle road reforms
- how the Heavy Vehicle Infrastructure Rating is calculated and used
- online tools that have made the process of gathering data, producing ratings and sharing results easy and practical
- current efforts to include local government roads in the asset register.
The webinar was presented on 14 March 2019 by Ulysses Ai.
This webinar provides an overview of Austroads’ long-term pavement performance study.
- establishment and long-term monitoring of an in-service pavement test section
- the develop pavement performance road deterioration (RD) and works effects (WE) models
- methodology, benefits and outcomes of the study.
The webinar was presented on 7 March 2019 by Lith Choummanivong and Dr Tim Martin.
This webinar provides an overview of Austroads' study that proposes a ride quality index of roads for heavy vehicles, a heavy vehicle equivalent of the International Roughness Index (IRI) for cars.
• the background of the study
• a proposed index for objectively measuring the ride quality of freight vehicles
• the design and conditions of roads influencing subjective perceptions of safety and comfort.
The webinar was presented on 31 January 2019 by Ulysses Ai.
This webinar provides an overview of a framework to help assess the value of maintenance and renewal works, consistent with capital investments.
The webinar was presented on 27 November 2018 by Martin Chow.