This webinar outlines how local road managers can use the data standard and engage with collaboration activities, to provide access to new asset management and maintenance insights with minimal impact on workload.
- the Austroads Data Standard’s design, and definitions, and the multiple ways it can be used
- how harmonised data sets are being used to promote benefits at local and national levels
- how this supports national transport and infrastructure reform actions
- how the collaboration process works, and the insights gained from local government currently participating
- how harmonised data sets provide new asset management insights.
The webinar was presented on 29 November 2019 by Angus Draheim, Georgia O’Cianain, Ashish Shah and Muhammad Khatree.
This webinar provides an overview of the 2018 edition of the Austroads Guide to Asset Management.
- road infrastructure scene in which the Guide operates
- definition of asset management in a road agency context
- reference to the ISO standards that the Guide is founded on
- core concepts of the Guide
- integrated asset management framework approach.
The webinar was presented on 4 July 2019 by Dr Tim Martin.
This webinar provides an update on Austroads’ project to develop the data to support the Heavy Vehicle Road Reforms.
- the background of the heavy vehicle road reforms
- how the Heavy Vehicle Infrastructure Rating is calculated and used
- online tools that have made the process of gathering data, producing ratings and sharing results easy and practical
- current efforts to include local government roads in the asset register.
The webinar was presented on 14 March 2019 by Ulysses Ai.
This webinar provides an overview of Austroads’ long-term pavement performance study.
- establishment and long-term monitoring of an in-service pavement test section
- the develop pavement performance road deterioration (RD) and works effects (WE) models
- methodology, benefits and outcomes of the study.
The webinar was presented on 7 March 2019 by Lith Choummanivong and Dr Tim Martin.
This webinar provides an overview of Austroads' study that proposes a ride quality index of roads for heavy vehicles, a heavy vehicle equivalent of the International Roughness Index (IRI) for cars.
• the background of the study
• a proposed index for objectively measuring the ride quality of freight vehicles
• the design and conditions of roads influencing subjective perceptions of safety and comfort.
The webinar was presented on 31 January 2019 by Ulysses Ai.
This webinar provides an overview of a framework to help assess the value of maintenance and renewal works, consistent with capital investments.
The webinar was presented on 27 November 2018 by Martin Chow.
This webinar, provides an overview of Austroads’ Guideline for Minimum Levels of Componentisation for Road Infrastructure Assets, and how to apply it.
• the need for the Guideline
• the inconsistencies in current industry practice
• how the Guideline can be used to drive harmonisation for terminology, asset classification structure and item definition
• implementation considerations and associated benefits.
The webinar was presented on 11 September 2018 by Gary Rykers and Andrew Golding.
This webinar, outlines the impact of BIM technology on location referencing and the proposed new theoretical framework to develop a National Location Reference Hub.
• importance of critical business models for Austroads asset management harmonisation
• interpretations of location, location reference methods (LRM) and location reference systems (LRS)
• roles of the LRM families
• significance of routable networks and the implications of dynamic location reference standards from intelligent transportation systems (ITS) on static asset management
• potential for development using open systems and principals-IFC, Semantic Web, OpenLR
• role that a National Hub could play in future management of road asset network infrastructure.
The webinar was presented on 25 July 2018 by Dr Russell Kenley and Dr Richard Yeo.
This webinar outlines ways to optimise the use of marginal and non-standard materials and gain best value from the successful performance of standard materials.
• applying a proposed assessment process to a wider suite of material types for use in sealed roads
• future directions in this research
• an evaluation framework for materials, including improvements through different forms of stabilisation
• case studies that better assess the optimum use of non-standard road-building materials evaluated on a life-cycle cost basis.
The webinar was presented on 17 July 2018 by Mick Savage, Tyrone Toole and Zia Rice.
This webinar provides an overview of a guideline that aims to provide asset management practitioners with an understanding of the factors that contribute to enabling and sustaining continual improvement.
• the factors that contribute to achieving and sustaining continual improvement.
• how to create an environment conducive to continual improvement
• approaches to identify, evaluation and prioritise continual improvement initiatives
• how to implement and monitor initiative to sustain and build on success.
The webinar was presented on 28 June 2018 by Aneurin Hughes and Stephen Walker.