This webinar, presented on 11 December 2018, provides an overview of Austroads' assessment of options for the development of a C-ITS Compliance Assessment Framework in Australia and New Zealand.
• background of the study
• C-ITS state of play
• C-ITS Compliance Assessment Framework model options and assessment
• key findings from the literature review and stakeholder consultations
• main conclusions and recommended future work.
The webinar was presented by Niko Limans, Jesper Engdahl, Dr Cornelie van Driel and David Green.
This webinar provides an overview of Austroads’ evaluation of the European Telecommunications Standards Institute Threat, Vulnerability and Risk Analysis (ETSI TVRA) for the European C-ITS platform in the Australian context.
- background of the study
- areas related to the EU C-ITS platform and their implications in an Austroads context
- areas of interest not covered in the ETSI TVRA
- central ITS stations, personal ITS stations and cellular communications
- issues and recommendations to address them.
The webinar was presented on 6 December 2018 by David Green and Niko Limans.
This webinar provides an overview of a framework to help assess the value of maintenance and renewal works, consistent with capital investments.
The webinar was presented on 27 November 2018 by Martin Chow.
This webinar outlines the benefits of government working with industry and business to change delivery patterns by extending delivery hours.
The webinar was presented on 22 November 2018 by Samantha Taylor and Dr Darren Wishart.
This webinar outlines the strategic context on the supply of road operator data for connected and automated vehicles use in Australia, and the recommended next steps to navigate through this evolving field.
The webinar was presented on 13 November 2018 by Chris Jones, Andrew Somers and John Wall.
This webinar provides an overview of an Austroads study to develop suggested good practice for a consistent, efficient and safe approach to emergency egress signage within Australasian road tunnels.
- how signage supports the requirements of the relevant phases of the evacuation process
- comparisons of signage within existing or under construction tunnels in Australasia and their alignment with local standards and international practice
- the results and conclusions of the assessment, including the recommended emergency evacuation signage for use within Australasian road tunnels
- other elements identified that are important in the context of supporting the evacuation process.
The webinar was presented on 9 November 2018 by Tony Peglas.
This webinar provides an overview of the key changes to the Guide to Pavement Technology Parts 4F and 4K, and the significant advances in the areas of binder specifications and sprayed seal design.
• technical revisions to reflect current specifications, guidelines and best practice
• outcomes of recent research
• double/double seal design
• initial deal design and additional available treatments
• low volume seal design.
The webinar was presented on 31 October 2018 by Dr Young Choi and Steve Patrick.
This webinar provides an overview of an Austroads study into Traffic Sign Recognition Systems in Australia and New Zealand.
It covers the findings from real world automated vehicle trials and insights into the recommended actions for road operators, manufacturers and industry bodies.
The webinar was presented on 23 October 2018, by Chris Jones, Mark Rowland and Yasmin Roper.
This webinar presents challenges around the introduction of automated heavy vehicles to remote and regional areas and the opportunities for future their use in Australia and New Zealand.
It covers the views of international experts on:
• cellular connectivity and digital infrastructure requirements
• geofencing and managing access
• physical infrastructure impact and requirements
• platooning operations and technology advancement.
The webinar was presented on 25 September 2018, by Anthony Germanchev, Dr Ronny Kutadinata and Dr Steve Shladover.
This webinar provides an overview of the first edition of Austroads Guide to Project Delivery Part 5: Road Construction Quality Assurance.
- the background to the Guide, and concerns with current Quality Assurance contracts
- measures proposed in the Guide
- what is involved in implementation of the Guide.
The webinar was presented on 20 September 2018 by Peter Balfe.