This webinar provides an overview of an Austroads project that examined the passage of dangerous good through Australasian road tunnels, and continuing studies on this topic.
- the background of the project
- a standardised methodology to guide the assessment of risk and the variations between existing tunnels and tunnels entering the design phase
- current national and international practice
- the next stage of the study.
The webinar was presented on 12 September 2019 by Nigel Casey and Bruce Dandie.
This webinar provides an overview of the concept of Mobility as a Service (MaaS) and the opportunities it presents for transport agencies in Australia and New Zealand (ANZ).
Mobility as a Service refers to the shift from personally-owned transport modes to mobility solutions that are consumed as a service. This project explored industry definitions, service characteristics, global best practice, and ways ANZ transport agencies are harnessing the risks and opportunities associated with MaaS.
- why there is no single definition of MaaS
- international and local transport agency experience in MaaS initiatives
- common features of the mobility and service environments that support MaaS
- potential roles for the public sector in supporting MaaS outcomes.
The webinar was presented by Mary Haverland and Pete Davis.
This webinar provides an overview of the new Guide to Road Tunnels Part 4: Retrofitting Tunnels and the requirements for developing a project to upgrade a road tunnel.
- why a retrofitting project may be required for a tunnel
- the types of retrofitting projects
- the process of developing a retrofitting project
- acceptable standards for retrofitting
- retrofitting or refurbishing individual components of the tunnel or tunnel systems
- achieving energy efficiency in tunnel construction and operation by adopting appropriate solutions
- case studies on the M2 Norfolk Twin Tunnels NSW and the refurbishment of the Terrace Tunnel, New Zealand.
The webinar was presented on 29 August 2019 presented by Les Louis.
This webinar, presented on 22 August 2019, provides an overview of the key changes to the Guide to Pavement Technology Part 5: Pavement Evaluation and Treatment Design, and the significant advances in the thickness design of structural treatments for flexible road pavements.
- an overview of the pavement evaluation process and selection of treatment options
- use of Travelling Speed Deflectometer (TSD) to design granular overlays
- new procedures for mechanistic-empirical design of strengthening treatments.
Presented by Geoff Jameson and Dr Michael Moffatt.
This webinar provides an overview of an Austroads project that developed a new sprayed seal binder cracking test and compared the performance of polymer modified binders (PMBs).
- background of the project
- sprayed seal binder cracking test
- comparisons of the performance of S20E/A20E and S25E/A15E grade PMBs in asphalt and sprayed seals
- proposed changes to AGPT/T190 based on the results of the project.
The webinar was presented on 8 August 2019 by Robert Urquhart.
This webinar provides an overview of the new General Conditions of Contract for Construction - National Capital Works 4 (NCW4), released by Austroads and the Australian Procurement and Construction Council (APCC).
- rational for developing NCW4
- principles underpinning NCW4
- key clauses in NCW4.
The webinar was presented on 25 July 2019 by Richard Edwards.
This webinar provides an overview of the opportunities to apply artificial intelligence to road network operations.
- definitions of artificial intelligence and machine learning
- applications in road network operations
- adoption in organisations.
Presented was presented by Matthew Gallaugher and Arash Kaviani.
This webinar provides an overview of an Austroads project that compared the test properties of seven commercially available cutter oils with their sprayed seal performance.
- results of the project
- types of cutter oils included in the study
- cutter oil test properties and their relationship to sprayed seal performance
- proposed changes to Australian Standard 3568 based on the results of the project and input from Austroads Bituminous Surfacings Working Group members.
The webinar was presented on 11 July 2019 by Robert Urquhart.
This webinar provides an overview of the 2018 edition of the Austroads Guide to Asset Management.
- road infrastructure scene in which the Guide operates
- definition of asset management in a road agency context
- reference to the ISO standards that the Guide is founded on
- core concepts of the Guide
- integrated asset management framework approach.
The webinar was presented on 4 July 2019 by Dr Tim Martin.
This webinar provides an overview of the Lean approach to construction project delivery.
- lean principles, practices and techniques
- key differences of traditional and lean construction
- case studies demonstrating the outcomes that can be achieved
- the current state of lean construction in Australia.
This webinar was presented on 16 May 2019 by Christina Levinson.