This webinar provides an overview of an Austroads project that developed a new sprayed seal binder cracking test and compared the performance of polymer modified binders (PMBs).
- background of the project
- sprayed seal binder cracking test
- comparisons of the performance of S20E/A20E and S25E/A15E grade PMBs in asphalt and sprayed seals
- proposed changes to AGPT/T190 based on the results of the project.
The webinar was presented on 8 August 2019 by Robert Urquhart.
This webinar provides an overview of the new General Conditions of Contract for Construction - National Capital Works 4 (NCW4), released by Austroads and the Australian Procurement and Construction Council (APCC).
- rational for developing NCW4
- principles underpinning NCW4
- key clauses in NCW4.
The webinar was presented on 25 July 2019 by Richard Edwards.
This webinar provides an overview of the opportunities to apply artificial intelligence to road network operations.
- definitions of artificial intelligence and machine learning
- applications in road network operations
- adoption in organisations.
Presented was presented by Matthew Gallaugher and Arash Kaviani.
This webinar provides an overview of an Austroads project that compared the test properties of seven commercially available cutter oils with their sprayed seal performance.
- results of the project
- types of cutter oils included in the study
- cutter oil test properties and their relationship to sprayed seal performance
- proposed changes to Australian Standard 3568 based on the results of the project and input from Austroads Bituminous Surfacings Working Group members.
The webinar was presented on 11 July 2019 by Robert Urquhart.
This webinar provides an overview of the 2018 edition of the Austroads Guide to Asset Management.
- road infrastructure scene in which the Guide operates
- definition of asset management in a road agency context
- reference to the ISO standards that the Guide is founded on
- core concepts of the Guide
- integrated asset management framework approach.
The webinar was presented on 4 July 2019 by Dr Tim Martin.
This webinar provides an overview of the Lean approach to construction project delivery.
- lean principles, practices and techniques
- key differences of traditional and lean construction
- case studies demonstrating the outcomes that can be achieved
- the current state of lean construction in Australia.
This webinar was presented on 16 May 2019 by Christina Levinson.
This webinar gives an overview of the key changes to the Guide to Road Tunnels Part 2: Planning, Design and Commissioning.
- the design criteria for pavements in tunnels
- how the pavement may form the tunnel floor structure
- typical pavement profiles in tunnels
- the common pavement wearing surfaces
- allowances to consider for the construction and maintenance of the tunnel and pavement.
The webinar presented on 30 April 2019 by George Vorobieff.
This webinar gives as overview of the key changes to the Guide and the significant advances in the areas of stabilisation or road pavements.
It covers improvements to the Guide including:
- categories of stabilised materials
- binder selection
- mix design of cementitiously stabilised materials
- mix design of lime stabilised subgrades
- mix design of foamed bitumen stabilised materials.
The webinar was presented presented on 11 April 2019 by Geoff Jameson.
This webinar gives an overview of an Austroads pilot project to improve the measurement and reporting of serious injury crashes.
- background and objectives of the study
- the data provision, preparation and analysis
- statistical results such as non-fatal hospitalised roads injury cases
- conclusions from Stage 1 of the project and recommendations.
The webinar was presented on 4 April 2019 by Professor James Harrison and Dr Angela Watson.
This webinar provides an overview of Infrastructure Risk Rating - a simple road assessment methodology designed to assess road safety risk at a network level, primarily as an input to the speed limit setting process.
- case studies demonstrating speed management interventions that were successfully applied in Australia and New Zealand
- good practice guidance for engagement and consultation to effectively implement speed management interventions
- the Infrastructure Risk Rating Tool which allows Infrastructure Risk Rating to be calculated for a road segment by selecting key road and roadside attributes
- recommendations towards the implementation of the findings of the project.
The webinar was presented on 26 March 2019 by Haris Zia and Dale Harris.