This webinar, presented on 29 April 2020, discusses the merits of three options to advance the future of PBS access in Australia as it relates to bridges. It was presented by Angus Draheim, Matthew Bereni and Neal Lake.
This webinar provides an overview of the Austroads Guidelines for the Provision of Heavy Vehicle Rest Area Facilities.
- the types of heavy vehicle rest areas
- assessing the need and prioritisation for heavy vehicle rest areas
- principles for good heavy vehicle rest area design
- tools used to communicate rest opportunities to drivers.
The webinar was presented on 14 February 2019, by David Green and Mandi Mees.
This webinar outlines the benefits of government working with industry and business to change delivery patterns by extending delivery hours.
The webinar was presented on 22 November 2018 by Samantha Taylor and Dr Darren Wishart.
This webinar presents challenges around the introduction of automated heavy vehicles to remote and regional areas and the opportunities for future their use in Australia and New Zealand.
It covers the views of international experts on:
• cellular connectivity and digital infrastructure requirements
• geofencing and managing access
• physical infrastructure impact and requirements
• platooning operations and technology advancement.
The webinar was presented on 25 September 2018, by Anthony Germanchev, Dr Ronny Kutadinata and Dr Steve Shladover.
This webinar outlines the contemporary barriers to local road access for high productivity freight vehicles, and some of the options available for local road managers when considering road access.
• how road network classification and mapping is progressing around the country
• most common barriers to access as reported by stakeholders
• several case studies demonstrating how others have overcome access barriers
• recommendations to improve local road access nationally.
The webinar was presented on 27 March 2018 by Rob Di Cristoforo.
This webinar outlines the findings of an Austroads project on the modelling of high productivity vehicles in metropolitan areas. The webinar was presented by Dr Ian Espada on 13 February 2018.
The webinar provides an overview of the key findings of an Austroads project on the weighing of oversized and overmass vehicle combinations using portable scales. It outlines the vehicles and weighing methods that were used in the field testing and discusses the process of turning the test data into a workable set of Mass Measurement Adjustments. The webinar was presented by Anthony Germanchev and Philip Roper on 12 December 2017.
This webinar provides an overview of the tangible benefits to the Australian economy that efforts to improve supply chain visibility can bring. The webinar was presented by Julian Breheny, Rose Elphick-Darling and David McNeil on 15 August 2017.
This webinar provides an overview of how Community Service Obligations (CSOs) could be applied to the roads sector and how establishing a CSO framework could help clarify road funding arrangements. The webinar was presented by Matthew Clarke, Gavan Dwyer and Dr Tim Martin on 29 June 2017.
This webinar addresses the road safety and infrastructure challenges posed by the operation of agricultural vehicles and equipment on public roads. The webinar was presented by Adam Ritzinger on 28 April 2017.