This webinar provides an overview of the concept of Mobility as a Service (MaaS) and the opportunities it presents for transport agencies in Australia and New Zealand (ANZ).
Mobility as a Service refers to the shift from personally-owned transport modes to mobility solutions that are consumed as a service. This project explored industry definitions, service characteristics, global best practice, and ways ANZ transport agencies are harnessing the risks and opportunities associated with MaaS.
- why there is no single definition of MaaS
- international and local transport agency experience in MaaS initiatives
- common features of the mobility and service environments that support MaaS
- potential roles for the public sector in supporting MaaS outcomes.
The webinar was presented by Mary Haverland and Pete Davis.
This webinar provides an overview of the opportunities to apply artificial intelligence to road network operations.
- definitions of artificial intelligence and machine learning
- applications in road network operations
- adoption in organisations.
Presented was presented by Matthew Gallaugher and Arash Kaviani.
This webinar outlines a set of principles for the presentation of Austroads' Network Performance Indicators which could underpin increased use and application across road agencies in Australasia for both current and future iterations.
• how performance is measured in other areas and sectors
• eight key principles for presentation of road performance data
• insights from an industry practice review
• implications of the principles for the Network Performance Indicators.
The webinar was presented on 12 July 2018 by Ben Mason, Paul Carter and Callum Hooper.
This webinar provides an overview of the key findings of a strategic review of the Austroads Guide to Traffic Management. It is particularly beneficial for users of the Guide to Traffic Management who are interested in the future considerations of the Guide series. The webinar was presented by David Green and Natalie Lockwood on 7 December 2017.
This webinar provides an overview of the key changes to the Austroads Guide to Traffic Management Part 3, such as use cases, impact and some supporting techniques for the use of emerging data sources; discussion and development of high-level modelling guidelines; and latest research and initiative in the traffic capacity analysis area. The webinar was preseted by Dr Clarissa Han on 30 November 2017.
This webinar provides an overview of new guidelines to help network operations planning staff develop a Concept of Operations (ConOps), a best practice resource. The webinar was presented by Mark Rowland on 21 November 2017.
This webinar provides an overview of the key changes to the Austroads Guide to Traffic Management Part 13, such as updated information on driver workload and the Safe System, and incorporation of a discussion on human factors. It is particularly useful for practitioners dealing with road safety aspects of traffic management in the road environment. The webinar was presented by David Green on 16 November 2017.
This webinar provides an overview of the key changes to:
• Guide to Traffic Management Part 6: Intersections, Interchanges and Crossings
• Guide to Road Design Part 4: Intersections and Crossings – General
• Guide to Road Design Part 4A: Unsignalised and Signalised Intersections.
The webinar was presented by Peter Aumann and Lisa Steinmetz on 6 November 2017.
This webinar provides an overview of current and contemporary road transport management practices in Australasia and a harmonised framework. The webinar was presented by Dr Aut Karndacharuk and Asif Hassan on 26 October 2017.
This webinar provides guidance on improved on-road public transport drawn from the experience of jurisdictions in Australia, New Zealand and overseas. The webinar was presented by Alison Lee and Graham McCabe on 26 September 2017.