This webinar provides an overview of an Austroads project that compared the test properties of seven commercially available cutter oils with their sprayed seal performance.
- results of the project
- types of cutter oils included in the study
- cutter oil test properties and their relationship to sprayed seal performance
- proposed changes to Australian Standard 3568 based on the results of the project and input from Austroads Bituminous Surfacings Working Group members.
The webinar was presented on 11 July 2019 by Robert Urquhart.
This webinar gives as overview of the key changes to the Guide and the significant advances in the areas of stabilisation or road pavements.
It covers improvements to the Guide including:
- categories of stabilised materials
- binder selection
- mix design of cementitiously stabilised materials
- mix design of lime stabilised subgrades
- mix design of foamed bitumen stabilised materials.
The webinar was presented presented on 11 April 2019 by Geoff Jameson.
This webinar provides an overview of the key changes to the Guide to Pavement Technology Parts 4F and 4K, and the significant advances in the areas of binder specifications and sprayed seal design.
• technical revisions to reflect current specifications, guidelines and best practice
• outcomes of recent research
• double/double seal design
• initial deal design and additional available treatments
• low volume seal design.
The webinar was presented on 31 October 2018 by Dr Young Choi and Steve Patrick.
This webinar provides an overview of the updated Austroads microsurfacing guidelines and model specification.
• major changes to the microsurfacing guidelines and specifications
• related test methods
• materials and emerging technologies.
The webinar was presented on 14 June 2018 by Steve Patrick.
This webinar outlines the findings of an Austroads geopolymer concrete project and a current update of the use, monitoring and specification of geopolymer concrete by VicRoads over the past nine years.
• geopolymer concrete, its constituents and how it is manufactured
• formulation and testing of numerous geopolymer recipes, and investigation of workability, strength development, mechanical behaviour, durability properties, abrasion resistance and ductility of reinforced geopolymer concrete
• the introduction of geopolymer concrete into VicRoads with several trial structural applications, general paving works and evaluation of performance.
The webinar was presented on 1 May 2018 by Dr Ahmad Shayan and Fred Andrews-Phaedonos.
This webinar provides an overview of the major changes to the design of heavy-duty flexible pavements, including the new:
• axle-strain approach central to the mechanistic-empirical design method
• definitions of design traffic
• characterisation of cemented material and asphalt.
The potential structural contribution of lime-stabilised subgrades for flexible pavements, and minor updates to concrete pavement jointing details are also discussed.
The webinar was presented on 9 March 2018 by Dr Michael Moffatt.
This webinar provides an overview of a project Austroads is undertaking to identify gaps in current practice for the performance characterisation of asphalt mixes. The ultimate aim is to develop a harmonised national performance-based asphalt specification framework that would take full advantage of the enhanced performance characteristics of current and emerging asphalt technologies. The webinar was presented on 27 February 2018 by Joe Grobler.