This webinar provides an overview of Austroads’ projects 2021-22 and what is required to work with Austroads.
The session is beneficial to consultants who may be interested in tendering for Austroads projects.
The projects discussed focus on data collection and management, digital engineering, tunnel design and componentry, bridge assessment, pavement technology, road design, road safety audits, driver licensing, environment reporting, and vehicle and infrastructure connectivity.
The webinar is presented by Paul Davies, Austroads Acting General Manager Operations, and program managers:
- Ross Guppy, Program Manager Transport Infrastructure
- Michael Nieuwesteeg, Program Manager Road Safety and Design
- Richard Delplace, Program Manager Transport Network Operations
- Vibeke Matthews, Acting Program Manager Future Vehicles and Technology, and Environment and Sustainability Program.
This webinar, delivered on 9 April 2020, examines alcohol related road trauma and reports on the differing legislation, penalty and enforcement policies and practices in place across Australian jurisdictions. It recommends improvements in policy and practice for both the short and long term.
It was presented by Greer Banyer, Eric Howard and Anne Harris.
This webinar presents an overview of the barriers to driver licensing program access experienced by Indigenous people and ideas on potential common underpinnings for future policy and program design, data collection and reporting.
- why improving access to driver training and licensing programs for Indigenous people is important
- what the literature and jurisdictional experience say about what works, what doesn't and why and what this suggests about future program and policy priorities and engagement of other harder to engage groups
- a program logic approach to achieving future program improvement and national coherence
- a framework for the adoption of national policy principles to underpin program design and implementation
- a proposed national minimum data set to support program assessment and improvement.
The webinar was presented on 27 February 2019 by Paul Rajan.