This webinar presents the new Austroads Guide to Road Safety Part 6: Road Safety Audit.
Key topics covered in the webinar include:
- Strengthening the requirements within the Guide as the default for Australia and New Zealand and formal exemption protocol for jurisdictions.
- Identifying the roles, responsibilities and conduct required of all stakeholders to achieve optimum value from the process, especially including parties operating outside of the road agency, e.g. private sector clients. The importance of commissioning and responding to audits.
- The provision of further guidance and clarity on competency and qualification requirements to inform local protocols for the assessment across the tiers of auditor.
- Integration of road safety auditing within the Safe System and the emerging practical interface with recent tools such as Safe System Assessments.
- Improving the quality and consistency of how risks / hazards are expressed, assessed, and prioritised.
- New documents, templates and tools throughout the Guide, including audit checklists (now referred to as ‘prompt lists’), audit code of conduct, road safety audit policies, sample road safety audit reports etc.
The webinar presenters are Paul Hillier (Project Consultant), Joseph Le (Co-Project Manager) and Kenn Beer (Co-Project Manager and Technical Advisor).