This webinar, presented by Bryan Li on 9 July 2020, provides an overview of a resource designed to equip practitioners who may not have specific technical experience in transport modelling with clear and practical guidance to help make informed decisions when procuring modelling services or communicating the associated processes.
This webinar presented by Ann-Marie Head and Jeanette Ward on 3 June 2020 focused on why and how to measure walking activities. The webinar highlighted the Guide to Traffic Management series which was recently updated to incorporate international good practice pedestrian planning and design guidance.
This webinar, presented by Dr Bruce Corben on 26 March 2020, demonstrates ways to integrate Safe System design and operation with Movement and Place for vulnerable road users, in particular pedestrians and cyclists.
Improving the Reliability of Heavy Vehicle Parameters to Support More Accurate Traffic Modelling in Australia and New Zealand
This webinar provides an overview of ways to more accurately model heavy vehicle movements during interrupted traffic flows in Australia and New Zealand.
- background and results of the Austroads project
- heavy vehicle characteristics relevant to intersection capacity such as length and width, clearance space, acceleration and deceleration
- heavy vehicle parameter development for traffic modelling software - SIDRA, LINSIG, VISSIM and AIMSUN, based on video survey and calibration.
The webinar presented on 9 December 2019 by Dr Young Li and TK Kim.
This webinar provides an overview of the first version of the standardised condition and performance datasets for intelligent transport systems (ITS) assets.
ITS assets are technologies placed in vehicles and infrastructure to improve the safety and efficiency of transport systems.
You will learn about:
- how to define ITS asset criticality
- the gaps in the ITS asset data that currently exist
- case studies on jurisdictional data collection and standardised KPIs for performance reporting
- benefit-cost-analysis for the implementation of the data standard
- how Auckland Motorways adopted the data standard and the insights and benefits gained.
The webinar was presented on 5 December 2019, by Dr Clarissa Han and Dean Parker.
This webinar provides an overview of the concept of Mobility as a Service (MaaS) and the opportunities it presents for transport agencies in Australia and New Zealand (ANZ).
Mobility as a Service refers to the shift from personally-owned transport modes to mobility solutions that are consumed as a service. This project explored industry definitions, service characteristics, global best practice, and ways ANZ transport agencies are harnessing the risks and opportunities associated with MaaS.
- why there is no single definition of MaaS
- international and local transport agency experience in MaaS initiatives
- common features of the mobility and service environments that support MaaS
- potential roles for the public sector in supporting MaaS outcomes.
The webinar was presented by Mary Haverland and Pete Davis.
This webinar provides an overview of the benefits associated with passing lanes for guidance for practitioners.
- safety impacts of passing lanes, particularly statistics on crash rate reductions, speed and headway, and overtaking behaviour
- operational impacts of passing lanes on average speed and per cent time spent following (PTSF)
- road user perception of passing lane impacts and valuation of level-of-service (LOS)
- findings of the Austroads project.
The webinar was presented on 5 March 2019 by Dr Ian Espada and Dr Chris Stokes.
This webinar provides an overview of a Safe System review of the Austroads Guide to Traffic Management (AGTM).
- where there is an opportunity to further embed Safe System into the AGTM series based on recent research
- the new and revised content to address many of the safe system gaps in the AGTM to strengthen the guidance relating to treatments and their likely effectiveness in aligning with Safe System philosophy
- recommendations towards the implementation of the findings.
The webinar was presented on 7 February 2019 by Paul Durdin and Dave Smith.
This webinar outlines a set of principles for the presentation of Austroads' Network Performance Indicators which could underpin increased use and application across road agencies in Australasia for both current and future iterations.
• how performance is measured in other areas and sectors
• eight key principles for presentation of road performance data
• insights from an industry practice review
• implications of the principles for the Network Performance Indicators.
The webinar was presented on 12 July 2018 by Ben Mason, Paul Carter and Callum Hooper.
This webinar summarises the results of a domestic and international review of recently-developed ITS technologies.
• technologies that were evaluated, including a qualitative indication of their costs and benefits
• evaluation methodology that was developed to evaluate the quality of published ITS performance studies.
The webinar was presented on 19 June 2018 by Dr Glenn Geers.