This recording is of the launch event for the Guide to Temporary Traffic Management held on 11 December 2019.
Austroads’ Guide to Temporary Traffic Management (AGTTM) details contemporary temporary traffic management requirements for Australia and New Zealand practitioners. It contains guidance and instructions for planning, designing and implementing temporary traffic management to ensure the safety of employees and contractors working in or near traffic, and a safe environment for all road users.
The culmination of a four-year collaborative project between Austroads, Australasian transport agencies and industry, the Guide will help to harmonise temporary traffic management practice in Australia and New Zealand.
The Guide to Temporary Traffic Management comprises:
• Part 1: Introduction
• Part 2: Traffic Management Planning
• Part 3: Static Worksites
• Part 4: Mobile Works
• Part 5: Short Term Low Impact Worksites
• Part 6: Field Staff – Implementation and Operation
• Part 7: Traffic Controllers
• Part 8: Processes and Procedures
• Part 9: Sample Layouts
• Part 10: Supporting Guidance.
• Neil Scales OBE, Austroads Chair and Director-General Department of Transport and Main Roads
• Louise Van Ristell, Executive Officer, Traffic Management Association of Australia
• Dr Dan Sullivan, Austroads Safety at Road Worksites Project Manager.
Download the Guide at austroads.com.au/publications/temporary-traffic-management/agttm-set
This webinar provides an overview of the gaps in current physical and digital road infrastructure to support connected and automated vehicles (CAVs) on Australian and New Zealand highways and freeways.
- what infrastructure readiness is required for CAVs
- results of the extensive field audit
- how current infrastructure standards compare to the requirements for CAV readiness
- what actions are appropriate to take now given the uncertainty that remains
- how this project complements other Austroads projects to build a more complete picture of progress readiness for CAVs.
The webinar was presented on 7 November 2019 by John Wall, Andrew Somers and Anthony Germanchev.
This webinar provides an overview of an Austroads project that analysed telematics data to explore how heavy vehicles use Key Freight Routes.
- the methodology used in preparing the research
- outcomes of discussions with industry and other stakeholders
- key recommendations from the report
- recent updates to the National Telematics Framework which support the recommendations including: new telematics applications at different levels of assurance, release of the Telematics Data Exchange, and accessibility of data to road managers and other stakeholders.
The webinar was presented on 3 October 2019 by Tim Renowden and Gavin Hill.
This webinar, provides an overview of Austroads’ Guideline for Minimum Levels of Componentisation for Road Infrastructure Assets, and how to apply it.
• the need for the Guideline
• the inconsistencies in current industry practice
• how the Guideline can be used to drive harmonisation for terminology, asset classification structure and item definition
• implementation considerations and associated benefits.
The webinar was presented on 11 September 2018 by Gary Rykers and Andrew Golding.