This webinar provides an overview of the causes and contributing factors behind road crashes in regional and remote areas, and strategic guidance to identify the best approaches to eliminate harm.
- key current road safety issues in regional and remote areas based on crash data and the research literature
- stakeholder perspectives on current issues
- evidence-based measures and new initiatives for improving road safety in regional and remote areas
- recommendations, aligned with the Safe System approach, that provide strategic directions for future actions
- future opportunities for regional and remote road safety.
The webinar was presented on 1 October 2019 by Melissa Watts and Dr Lisa Wundersitz.